Barista Intensive Course and Latte Art – 28 hours – Verona
Barista Intensive Course and Latte Art is developed by our Trainers for baristas who already have a foundation knowledge of being a professional and who want to improve their skills. It is also for those who have just discovered the coffee world. An extremely comprehensive course.
Intensive Barista Course and Latte Art FULL-TIME are a 4 consecutive days lessons, of a total of 28 hours, from 9.30 am to 1 pm and from 2 to 5.30 pm.
The program includes a theoretical part (30%) and a practical/demonstrative part (70%):
- The historic journey of coffee up to the present day
- Botany: understand better the product we work
- Different types of coffee
- Processing: how it affects the taste
- Sensorial tasting: different origins
- Barista’s equipment: espresso machine, coffee grinder, water filtration
- General maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Preserve and storage coffee
- Grinding: the starting point for perfect extraction
- The perfect espresso extraction
- Overview of espresso-based drinks sold at the cafè
- Steaming milk: create a silky and velvety crema
- Cappuccino: pouring crema into the cup
- How to manage properly the cafè counter
- Alternative coffee extraction systems
The course prepares students for the following SCA* certifications: Introduction of Coffee, Barista Skills, and Brewing.
*Such modules are considered separately.
*The related exams will be done at the end of each day, by reservation.
Barista Intensive course and Latte Art includes:
- certificate of participation
- theoretical material (pen and notebook)
- free use of materials provided by the Academy
- light lunch
Next dates and prices: on request
WHERE: Coffee Training Academy – Via Anton Maria Lorgna 21, Verona (ITALY)